Tuesday 7 May 2013

having a re-think ....


Have you seen my mojo ?

My ECW 'mojo' has gone - so I've put the Cheriton re-fight on hold for the moment.

I'm going back to do some reading of events during the period and will be trying to obtain some books on the ECW in Wiltshire and Hampshire.

I'm thinking of changing my approach and aiming for small scale battles between the two sides - I find that much more of interest; it will continue my earlier scheme of Sir William de Willoughby (Royalist) and Sir Warwick Hunt (Parliament) .

More to come after some imagineering has been completed.

4 comments:

Springinsfeld said...

I will certainly be looking forward to more developments in the fictitious Civil Wars. Often more fun than sticking rigidly to history.

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

The smaller actions often make better games with the bigger battles being an occasional big event/spectacle. Imagineeer away!
-Ross

tradgardmastare said...

Your mojo will return.Looking forward to some more ecw posts soon I hope!

Bluebear Jeff said...

If you have any of Grant's "Scenario" Books OR his "Table Top Teasers", they often make great small actions. Indeed, here are some suggested mini-campaigns using the Grant Scenarios:

http://minicampaigns.blogspot.ca/

If you don't have them, take a look at these old ones from about 35 years ago:

http://steve-the-wargamer-teasers.blogspot.ca/


-- Jeff