Sunday 23 November 2008

Dragoons - Officer anh Horse Holders

I bought some more Irregular Miniatures musketeers to convert into dismounted dragoons, plus some sample figures for conversions; not having some green stuff I've ordered that as well. While waiting for delivery I thought I'd try out some conversion techniques with blue-tak sealed with super glue as a 'modelling putty'.

Firstly a converted soldier holding flaming torch, I cut off the torch and replaced it with a halberd, modelling a replacement hand.

For my dragoons I wanted at least one man dismounted holding a horse; so a marching musketeer and an engineer were converted; added cuffs, boots rolled down, belts with apostles, plus a musket. I put a Sash&Sabre head on the marching musketeer. Front and back view below ...



Lastly one of the horse holders with a horse, just to see how it looks ..

Looks Ok, I'll be interested to see how they come up painted.

3 comments:

littlejohn said...

beautiful conversions and that horseholder has got me eyeing those irregulars!

Bluebear Jeff said...

I too like your conversions. Good work.


-- Jeff

FIXED BAYONET METAL SOLDIERS said...

Terrific