Thursday 13 June 2024

Pike and Shot - A check through and storage ...

Each army (Monrovia and Wittenberg) has 7 regiments of horse, 6 regiments of foot, 2 regiments of dragoons and 1 regiment of mounted Croats.  

I need a little more space to add two more foot regiments 😀, once for each side. So time to rearrange how some units are stored. The infantry boxes are full, so maybe some space in the cavalry boxes. Also there is the 'extras' box, which is the overflow box

One of the Monrovia cavalry regiments needs a lot of repair (these figures will go into the melty pot to make some cossacks), so I decided to swap it out with the Cuirassier regiment in the extras box.  Changing over the standard...   
Also in the extras box some alternative foot command stands, standards being removed these will be used to start the two new regiments of foot I want to build up.
As for the two other cavalry regiments from the extras box one will go to each army; the box now has space for the two new regiment of foot to go in - hoorah !
The Cavalry and dragoon boxes for each army, now nicely filled up...

For Witttenberg one of the cavalry regiments needed a new flag.. so I checked which of the Elector of Saxony ones I'd already used and then select one I hadn't used
I settled on one of the 'feudal' cavalry standards...

So now have to accumulate figures for the 2 new foot regiments, I can buy in or cast them - I'll probably do a mix of both.

1 comment:

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

Great looking collection !