Saxe-Jarslberg (defending the Hoflandt). RED
- After their defeat at Marienstadt, the troops retired to Montberg, to join the garrison there.
- The main body of the Duke's army (including troops from Hesse-Limburger) left Karlebach and reached Montberg.
- A regiment of foot and dragoons were sent to secure Zigenfeldt
- The garrison at Dashagen was re-inforced.
- The main body of the Duke's army left Montberg heading for Marienstadt....
Wittenberg (trying to seize the Hoflandt) GREEN
- A small force was sent to take control of Gorhagen.
- A flying column of two regiments of dragoons and a regiment of horse seized Videnberg.
- The King with the main body of the army left Hof and reached Marienstadt.
- Scouts reported the Saxe-Jarlsberg army was on the move.
- The army started forward from Mariendstadt making for Kuhhaus.
both armies were now on a 'collision course'....