I've sort of have a plan on how to develop the ECW figs I've got to make a couple of armies.
1. Rework the Royalist command group (3 figs) - I'm going to change the commander to have a suit of cuirassier armour, but with a soft hat.
2. Create the Parliamentarian command group (3 figs).
3. Have one regiment of foot for each side that will be involved in every scenario.
4. Have a number of peices of artillery, regiments of foot and horse which could be allocated to either side depending on the scenario. How many ?
Artillery : 6 guns (1 gun + 4 crew), currently have 1 of these.
Foot : 8 regiments (24 figs each), currently have 2 of these.
Horse : 8 regiments (12 figs each), currently have 2 of these.
5. Start collecting scenics for this scale; I've currently got a couple of houses; trees etc needed.
Phew thats a lot of metal to get and store. Well this looks like it may take some time do !!
Just as an aside I've also been looking at the 'Call to Arms' ECW 54mm plastic figs range - the cannon may be useable for my 42mm figs. Also the infantry could be used to make some dioramas. No cavalry in the range yet.